Friday, June 19, 2009

Full house, full heart










My kids (from left) David, Shelley, Jaime, and Todd


I'm taking a sabbatical this month from my freelance work, as my daughter and her family are home for three weeks. Since we hadn't seen them in a year, I cleared my schedule so I could spend time with them. Alex, 8, and Kyle, 5, are having a blast with their "northern" cousins, Brent, 10, Madison, 6, and Deagen, 2, who live next door. Jaime lives in South Carolina.

Yesterday on the way home from VBS, we saw a black bear up close, lumbering around in a yard on the side of the road, about 50 feet away. Today we saw a doe munching at the edge of the woods behind the house, about 25 feet away (there go the flowers my husband planted).

Pictured above are my kids and their cousin Shelley, who is Jaime's age and grew up with them. It's been at least two and a half years since we've had all three together in one place at the same time. As soon as I get a picture of all five grandkids together, I'll post it.

Meanwhile, I'm having a ball enjoying every minute of the noise and commotion that comes with a full house. And I'm getting all the hugs and kisses I can! Full house, full heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment